Ceph

Icytroll - Ele Shaman [ACCEPTED]

Post by Ceph » Tue May 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Name: Jens Jensen
Character: Icytroll
Battletag: Icytroll#2811
Armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... r/icytroll
Previous guilds (recently) and why you left them:
At the end of WoD my current guild Lunar had decided to call it quits with raiding, so I joined a guild called Long Hair Don’t Care for Legion (later renamed to Atlas), where some of my friends were raiding. I stayed there up until after we downed Goroth, where the officer team was tired of being in charge, and when no one wanted to take over the guild, we stopped raiding.
Some of the guys from Atlas wanted to stay together, so we found a guild called Resúrgence where I stayed until a few weeks before Antorus came out (cockblocked on Avatar). At this point the entire guild went over to an old guild one of the officers had run in the past, called False, for a fresh start. Then about 500 pulls in on Argus (27 fucking %), people started to get burned out which meant they were either late for raids, missed some entirely or just quit the game. On top of that a good bunch of the raiders were not going to be in the guild for BfA, which meant the officer team would need to build up a new raiding team for BfA. These things combined made the officer team terminate raids, which leads to me writing this small essay.(edited)
World of Warcraft
Icytroll - WoW
Icytroll - WoW
World of Warcraft
Icytroll - WoW
Icytroll - WoW

(Part 2)
Your previous raiding experience (in this expansion or before):
While the content was current:

WotLK:
EoE, Obsidian Sanctum, Naxx: 25 Normal and maybe a few HC bosses
Ulduar: 10 man cleared up to Thorim and Freya HM
TotGC: 5/5 10 HC with the Skill or Mad skill achievment (can't remember which one)
Icecrown: 12/12 10 HC within the 5 or 10% buff
And of course that Ruby Sanctum filler raid at the end.

Cataclysm:
Bastion of Twilight: 2/4 25 HC
Blackwing Descent: 5/6 25 HC
Firelands & Dragon Soul: Took a break from the game

MoP:
Mogu'shan Vaults: 4/6 10 HC
Heart of Fear: 6/6 10 normal
Terrace: 4/4 normal
Throne of Thunder: 10/12 10 HC
Siege of Orgrimmar: 14/14 10 HC

WoD:
Highmaul: 7/7 M
Blackrock Foundry: 10/10 M (Furnace the night after it was nerfed >.<)
Hellfire Citadel: 13/13 M

Legion:
Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 M
Trial of Valor: 3/3 M (alongside Nighthold)
Nighthold: 9/10 M (The 9'th boss being Gul'dan, wasn't in for Elisande)
Tomb of Sargeras: 7/9 M (bloody guild killer Avatar)
Antorus: 10/11 M (>500 pulls on Argus)

Can you foresee any reasons why you might need to miss raids, or anything else that might affect your attendance: The only thing that would prevent me from attending a raid, would be if I somehow manage to fuck up my studies to such a degree that I need take an entire day off to study for an exam. But I’m 99.5% certain that such a scenario won’t happen. My internet connection has only been out once (for a few hours of upgrading) in the 2 years I’ve lived here, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
What is the artifact progress (levels) on your main spec, and for offspec if you have any: 81 for elemental, 52 for restoration, although I haven’t played restoration enough lately to heal in raids right away.(edited)
(Part 3)
What legendaries do you have for your main spec, and for offspec if you have any (only list relevant / BiS spec legendaries): For elemental I use the standard gloves+boots combo for ST, and I have the shoulders for fights like Coven (if tanks are in the mood for tanking the bosses close together). For AoE I juggle around with sephuz, bracers and the talent ring depending on the encounter. In terms of restoration I have all the legendaries, but I haven’t played it enough this expansion to know which ones are BiS for different encounters.
Are you willing/able to play any other class with similar artifact progress as your main if you have one: I don’t have any geared alts at all, I’ve only ever played on my shaman since I started maining it in Ulduar. I’d be willing to gear up on alt for splitraids if you’re doing that in the future, but I’d rather play my elemental shaman for main raids.
Please post a link to a recent WOL report from a raid you’ve been part of (preferably kill):
Aggramar kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/34 ... G#fight=20
Best attempt on Argus: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8NLYxQmaWhKq9Rg3