Paladin Discussion

Discuss your classes here

Moderator: Officers

Jade
Awww... so cute

Paladin Discussion

Postby Jade » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:12 am

Because I haven't found anything about paladins, I'll start of the topic with several Holy Paladin threads that might be usefull.
Every other paladin, Retribution and Protection, are welcome to post in here as well. And please do!

* I found a good holy paladin guide (since cataclysm content).
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?63314-Cataclysm-Holy-Paladin-Guide

* Beacon Tactics.
http://bossypally.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/beacon-of-light-strategies/

~Jade
Last edited by Jade on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jade
Awww... so cute

Re: Paladin Discussion

Postby Jade » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:14 am

Holy Paladin Cooldowns: What are they and how to use?

Holy Paladin healing is all about choosing the right cooldown for the right occasion. What we may lack in routine spell diversity, we make up for with our incredible cooldown selections. The most challenging part of paladin healing? Figuring out how to have enough hot keys everything.

Mana Returning and/or Healing Throughput Cooldowns

Divine Plea: Returns mana for a few seconds, but reduces healing output while it’s active. For ultimate benefit, use during phase changes (or periods of minor damage) or compensate with simultaneous use of a throughput boosting cooldown like Avenging Wrath.

Lay On Hands: Heals a target to full health and, when glyphed, returns a good chunk of mana. The cooldown is long, so you’ll probably only get to use it once per fight. Pick your moment wisely.

Divine Favor: Boosts your critical strike and your haste for a few seconds. The cooldown on this one is short, so use it to your heart’s content.

Avenging Wrath: Boosts your healing for 30 seconds. I like to combine this one with Holy Radiance or, if needed, with Divine Plea. It lasts a long time and has a short cooldown, so this is another one to use as much as you want.

Divine Guardian: Summons a guardian that re-heals the targets of your heals and slashes heals to nearby players. Essentially, this cooldown can take a nearly dead group and restore it to full. It has a long cooldown, so I like to save it for the end of a fight, when all the healers are running low on mana.

Damage Mitigation or Prevention Cooldowns

Aura Mastery: Boosts of the effectiveness of your current Aura for 6 seconds or, if you have Concentration Aura up, makes the raid immune to silence. Can saved for certain boss abilities (a flame spray, for example) or used whenever it comes off cooldown, depending on the fight. Make sure you have the desired Aura active when using this spell.

Hand of Protection: Protects the target from all incoming physical damage for a few seconds and removes physical damage debuffs, but prevents the target from dealing physical damage while HoP is active on them. Also causes the target to loose aggro on any mobs currently dealing physical damage to them. Great for protecting clothies. Not to be used on tanks!

Divine Protection: Reduce damage dealt to you for a few seconds. A nice spell for times of intense damage. Pairs well with Hand of Sacrifice or Holy Radiance.

Divine Shield: Reduces all damage dealth to you for 6 seconds and causes you to lose aggro.

Hand of Sacrifice: Transfers 20% of the damage taken from your target to you. Due to Cataclysm granting us massive health pools, this spell shouldn’t kill you. Use during periods of high tank damage or if you want to save some mana.

( [url]by http://www.toprosters.com/holy-paladin-101[/url])

~Jade

Bird
Talks alot

Postby Bird » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 am

Since that last guide you linked doesnt mention it, ill throw it in here.

I recommend every paladin to use [item]41096[/item]. and also get into the habit of using it as often as you can/time it for big chunks of magic dmg. 1min cd and 40% magic dmg reduction is a life saver on alot of firelands fights.

Only fight where you as a healer will have no use whatsoever for it would be baleroc, rest of them all have predictable magic dmg peaks.

Kaption
Awww... so cute

Postby Kaption » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 am

Paladins rule!

teratøma
Awww... so cute

Postby teratøma » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 am

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/pally-power

Could all paladins please install this and make sure they have enough symbols on them?

Kaption
Awww... so cute

Postby Kaption » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

My names jeff

Return to “Class Discussions”