LUA Error message

Show you UI, tell us about your addons and share your macros
Rotheir
Talks alot

LUA Error message

Post by Rotheir » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

I used to have Sqawk and Awe to track my cooldowns and eclipes etc. But since it has not been updated it has started to give LUA Error messages that pops up with a big square in the middle of the screen. Kind of annoying when I am in the middle of an encounter or smth.

I have tried Baud errorframe ( I think the name was) that Kat recommended. Cant get it to take the message away and I have tried searching for addons to take those error messages away, but without luck. I think I used to have eom addon that just stacked them in a combined message bar that I could click on and it "scrolled" out from the right edge of my screen and I could look at them if I wanted. But ofc I cant remember the name and I cant find it now.

So, anyone who can help me?

I am thinking of just ditching Sqawk and Awe for some other addon that deos the same thing, but it might happened again with some other addon I guess and I hate those big squares poping up filling half the screen with some error that is just annoying.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Iots

Re: LUA Error message

Post by Iots » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 pm

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... gsack.aspx

Was what i had in one of the earlier UI compositions, but in general.. I wouldn't really use Sqawk and Awe anymore. I've actually gone down to use Sexycooldowns / targetdebuffs to track my dot's and all. But in other uses, the only worthwhile addon to use as a boomkin atm is BalancePowerTracker,

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... acker.aspx

The "selling point" in this addon is that it provides, what the description quantifies as "Foresee energy". Basicly makes it a bit easier for you to iron out your rotation (no accidental wraths/starfires on the wrong eclipse).

Shaorma
Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
Location: Caverns of Shattered Black Mana Labyrinth Cavern Temple of Khorne

Post by Shaorma » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:57 am

If you go to the Interface Options and select the last tab (I think it was called "Help"?), there's an option to disable Lua errors.

This will only stop the errors from displaying though, the underlying problem will persist and eventually those addons will stop working. If the author stopped maintaining his addons, you should start looking for alternatives.
Shaorma regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

Rotheir
Talks alot

Post by Rotheir » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Shaorma wrote:If you go to the Interface Options and select the last tab (I think it was called "Help"?), there's an option to disable Lua errors.

This will only stop the errors from displaying though, the underlying problem will persist and eventually those addons will stop working. If the author stopped maintaining his addons, you should start looking for alternatives.

Thanks. I have just trashed it and started using only the BalancePower Tracker.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.