Grid for Chimaeron!

Show you UI, tell us about your addons and share your macros
Nokqua
Active

Grid for Chimaeron!

Post by Nokqua » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:03 am

I have not been able to accomplish what I intended primarily. However, I have been able to fix some settings to ease out the targetting on Chimaeron!

The basic idea is to highlight the background of raidmembers under 10% hp (since I dun know how to make the threshold set health instead of percentage). From their classcolor alt. some other set standard color to a colour of your choice. Mine being blood red.
  • Firstly, create a new profile and copy your normal settings to it. I named mine Nokqua Chimaeron. (Very exotic)
  • Go to Frame, and check "Enable Health Color Bar Indicator".
  • Click Indicators > Health Bar Color, scroll down and check "Low HP warning".
  • Click Status > Health > Low HP warning. Check it to enable, lower the threshold to about 9 or 8% (depending on how much health your raidmembers have). Raise priority to 31 just in case.
That's basically it! You can also switch unit health deficit to unit health only. However, there's no option to threshold it to only show with a set argument (as far as I know).
Buffy, have another drink!

Undaunted
Active

Re: Grid for Chimaeron!

Post by Undaunted » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Another option i use is show the aboslute health of raiders during that fight, because the healthpool of a warrior or deathknight won't be the same % as a mage or priest when they reach 10k hp.

Edit: Also if anyone has a working, or knows of a working and up to date RaidStatusDebuffs plug in for Grid. I'd love to know.

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Undaunted wrote:Another option i use is show the aboslute health of raiders during that fight, because the healthpool of a warrior or deathknight won't be the same % as a mage or priest when they reach 10k hp.
Yea, I do that with the standard UI. It quickly tells me the people below the 10k mark. Another good thing I do is to cast a chain heal before he does his ability, so that my heal will chain on fx the melee a few miliseconds after he hits. That way we have more time to focus on the rest ;)

Pretty obvious, but now you know!
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shaorma
Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
Location: Caverns of Shattered Black Mana Labyrinth Cavern Temple of Khorne

Post by Shaorma » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:31 am

I was feeling bored this evening so I decided to write an addon for Grid that lights up when a unit's hp is under a certain absolute value. No idea why the developers wouldn't include something like that in their default health module.

After installing it, add it to the indicator of your choice. If it doesn't work, move a bit the slider in the Status options and then set it to whatever you need (10000 probably).
Attachments
GridStatusHealthAbsolute0.1.zip
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Shaorma regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:36 am

Undaunted wrote:Another option i use is show the aboslute health of raiders during that fight, because the healthpool of a warrior or deathknight won't be the same % as a mage or priest when they reach 10k hp.
Totally aware of this. Seeing how much health they currently have instead of deficit would work. I tried it, but still had some issues finding the ones under 10k. Alot of numbers to sort out. I'll try Shaorma's plug-in, hopefully it will work.

Another thing that could work is if someone could cook up a way to set a threshold for when to show absolute health. There's a slider for it under the Unit Health Deficit but not for Unit Health.

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:52 am

Life is easier without add-ons! 'Cause then you only have to rely on your eyes :P
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Aniex wrote:Life is easier without add-ons! 'Cause then you only have to rely on your eyes :P
That philosophy could work greatly for a dpser. Not for a healer though.

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm a healer, and so far I'm doing pretty good. No complaints at least :o

I never understood this whole add-on hype, standard UI gives you plenty of information. And with something like DBM you got more than enough shit on your screen already.

Convince me that an add-on can help me keep better track of Earth Shield-stacks, Riptides, Tidal Waves-charges, totems, bosses I need to interupt, shit I need to move away from, buffs I need to get, the HP (both % and numerical values) of my raid, my mana, other guys debuffs.

All this I can see with my eyes on the standard UI, so I fail to see what it is I lack in the form of add-ons to perform better? If anything, add-ons just make you more lazy.

Edit: I actually do use Snowfall Keypress because Blizzard haven't implemented this feature yet (it makes things happen on keypress instead of key-release)
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:07 pm

I guess it greatly varies how well one would perform with or without addons, based on the size of your monitor, UI scale, and simply what you are used to.

I assume you are using the in-game raid frames to heal? The only difference between Grid and the standard raid frames is that Blizzard didn't make grid. Using something Blizzard didn't make doesn't make it lazy, or worse. I play on a 1900x1200 screen with my UI scale set to 50% of normal. I cannot use the standard interface Blizzard designed, cause the gaps and distances between sources of information are too great.

However, I agree to a great extent that addons are useless and vain. Yes, they do make you lazier. I could probably do quite well without almost all of my addons. I have said this before, the only addon I could not live without, is grid.

edit:
All this I can see with my eyes on the standard UI, so I fail to see what it is I lack in the form of add-ons to perform better?
Well, for instance, I don't want my raid frames taking up the majority of my screen. With the standard frames set to the tiniest of settings, it's still three times as big as I have Grid set to. Secondly, I want to be able to show exactly what buffs I want to see. I don't want to know whether I have Grace, Inspiration or Echoes of Light up. As far as I know, the standard UI doesn't let me select what I want to see. It just shows me everything.

zoiros
Active

Post by zoiros » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Ive both healed and dps'd in a serious raid environment, the only difference in Addons was Grid when i was healing, other than that it was just DBM.

Standard UI ftw!

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

After yesterdays testing, I got a couple of screenshots from Chimaeron. Shaorma's plug-in worked exactly like I wanted it to. Thanks alot!

Here's a screenshot of the Standard Unit Frames.

And here's a screenshot of my Grid, at the exact same moment.

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 pm

I can see it being helpful in a 25m raiding setup. Thanks for the screenshots.
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Firestorm
Talks alot

Post by Firestorm » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Dude! While you were slacking making screenshots 4 PEOPLE WERE DYING..!!!

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:09 pm

It's still pretty bad that your Grid doesn't show classes imo. A low warrior needs more urgent heals than a low mage fx.
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Aniex wrote:It's still pretty bad that your Grid doesn't show classes imo. A low warrior needs more urgent heals than a low mage fx.
It does, normally. I changed it specifically for this encounter since I'd be fooled to spam heal Katrie if I saw classcolours. Besides, why would it be more urgent to heal up a warrior than a mage? As long as the melees doesn't fail with positioning themselves, the chance are equally large that they'll be hit again.
Firestorm wrote:Dude! While you were slacking making screenshots 4 PEOPLE WERE DYING..!!!
I got the screenshot just when Iots called a wipe.

Iots

Post by Iots » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Riiiighhht... cool strory bro!

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Nokqua wrote:Besides, why would it be more urgent to heal up a warrior than a mage? As long as the melees doesn't fail with positioning themselves, the chance are equally large that they'll be hit again.
Some classes have more ways to protect themselves than others do
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Iots

Post by Iots » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't think you quite grasp how different it is in 25man Aniex.

First of all, there are more people getting hit by caustic slime. And it can really vary alot on who it goes on to, you know random, like your drops as of late. 25 people, excluding the tanks since i dont think they've gotten hit by them at all nor doubt it is even possible. But you got 5 different groups, that are getting their health topped up and then you have other people specifically on the debuffed (caustic slime). Followed by tank healers who spotheal the debuffed also.

There is little to no point looking "OH MY THAT COLOR THERE, ILL PICK THAT INSTEAD". You heal them all, that's it.

Stating obvious things like, mage has an ice block is about as retarded thing to say as, thancor can dps. And has no real value in this particular discussion atleast.

Feel free to think up a different kind of scenario where your classcolors have such a huge impact that it really matters beyond belief to emphasize your awesomeness.

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I wasn't talking about Chimaeron when I said that :) Sorry if I was misunderstood then. I know it doesn't matter on that fight, it was more generally speaking.

And no, I don't think there's much difference between 25m and 10m. More people getting hit is dealt with by the extra amount of healers anyway.

Edit: it's funny how you get personal all the time. Can't really help that you're so insecure that you have to attack my person everytime I bring up a discussion. It's fucking pathetic. Thank god that I don't have to play with you.
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Aniex wrote:And no, I don't think there's much difference between 25m and 10m. More people getting hit is dealt with by the extra amount of healers anyway.
And you've done Chimaeron on 25man? It is quite different. Bit more demanding.

Edit:
Aniex wrote:Edit: it's funny how you get personal all the time.
It wasn't Iots nor was it I who made a thread about a plugin for grid to an "add-ons suck, and you suck if you can't play without them" kind-of thread.

zoiros
Active

Post by zoiros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:22 pm

*grabs popcorn*

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Nokqua wrote:Chimaeron on 25man is quite different. Bit more demanding.
Okay... In which way? "MOAR DMG" does not qualify as an answer, and I already answered why more caustic slimes doesn't change it at all since you have more healers. Please enlighten me.
Nokqua wrote:It wasn't Iots nor was it I who made a thread about a plugin for grid to an "add-ons suck, and you suck if you can't play without them" kind-of thread.
I don't really get why you're trying to defend Iots' pathetic excuse for "I'm trying to look cool by bashing someone else", you're just making a fool out of yourself ;)

I don't recall where I said that add-ons suck? I was simply trying to understand why people feel they can't live without them. It was you who implied that it's harder to heal without add-ons, and therefore I tried to make you explain why.

And the fact that mages have Iceblock and IB does indeed make it easier to judge who needs heals more :)
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Iots

Post by Iots » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Hey, i'm not the one who's trying to belittle everyone else here with borderline stupid comments and then going back to "oh sorry i didnt mean this fight :))))))" to defend your own view. And no i don't mean this only topic, you do it everywhere and i'm fucking sick of it. So yeah, personal or not, act like a douche and i will call on you.

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 am

Cant help that people are making so many mistakes that I have to point it out.. Just sad you cant stand the awesomeness.

Thank you for keeping me entertained :) Guess there is not much more fun to get out of this thread.
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 am

Please enlighten me.
It's just hectic. 25 people means that someone is bound to make a mistake. On most fights, this is narrowed down, since 1 out of 25man won't make much difference. Since Feud is split on this encounter though, one death will be a huge increase on the healers' shoulders. I assume you have three healers on 10man, we went with 6. That's equal to 2.4 healers in a 10man. Probably our own fault though. Another thing is that there is MOAR DAMAGE!!1. We have three or even four hits of Feud. Our mana or heals per person and healer doesn't increase with the number of raid members. The size of square feet each member gets is smaller on 25man, so there's less room for moving after stacking up on Feud. People's computers won't bear as good on 25man as they do on 10man. All in all, like it has always been, stuff is easier (most of the time) on 10man. 10man is, and have always been more forgiving.