Grid-Guru, I Choose You!

Show you UI, tell us about your addons and share your macros
Nokqua
Active

Grid-Guru, I Choose You!

Post by Nokqua » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:58 pm

If you're out there, I'd love some help!

I have some pretty delightful requests for whoever feels up to the job. Much like many of us, I know quite little about the magic behind addons. Thus, I blindly rely upon others creation, to do my bidding. However, my wishes regarding grid has abruptly come to an impasse as I failed to obtain a mod that will do what I request. Thus far, I beg of you should you know any mod that will do as I please, to tell me so.
  • Instead of showing the names of players, I would want to have it hidden upon combat, aside for mouseover. (Low priority)
  • I would like to have a border around each square, coloured based on the class of said player. This border should not be affected by how "normal" squares work, as in: it should not change colour depending on the health of the player. (Medium priority)
  • I would like to have -instead of a square in the upper right corner whenever I have renewed a target- the cooldown shown in numbers. Its colours changing as the duration goes down. (Top priority)
These are quite major requests. If no one is able to help me, I would love to be directed to someone who knows this stuff. Someone who could help me with my petty requests.
Buffy, have another drink!

gettoo
Active

Re: Grid-Guru, I Choose You!

Post by gettoo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Hey Nokqua..

I would like to have -instead of a square in the upper right corner whenever I have renewed a target- the cooldown shown in numbers. Its colours changing as the duration goes down. (Top priority) : you are mixin stuff up abit here.. why do you want both a count down and a color change in the cornors, when its the same thing?

The reason for the square/cornor to change color is its acting as a count down for when to reappli that specific heal.. if you are a druid like me, then when i rejuvanate someone in the raid, ill get a green dot in uppre left conor, (think of this as a traffic light = green full go) when that rejuvanation gets to 3 secs before it falls off, it changes to yellow ( yellow = get ready, you might have to wake up soon) when it hits 1 sec left on duration it turne red ( Red = reapplie heal/dot whatever).. Theres no reason to have both a count down number and a color change in same spot on grid, find out what you like and ill help you do it.

I would like to have a border around each square, coloured based on the class of said player. This border should not be affected by how "normal" squares work, as in: it should not change colour depending on the health of the player. (Medium priority)

You should use class specific colored squares, as the the border should be used for aggro pullers, as a healer its pretty awsome to actually know wich of the dps noobs, like thancor, psuedo ect. that actually pulls aggro off the tank, so you can save their sorry ass... this is a perfect grid ability, since youll see red squared pop up all over grid and then you pay attention.. i havnt done the class specific borders before, but seems quit colorfull to me.

Instead of showing the names of players, I would want to have it hidden upon combat, aside for mouseover. (Low priority)

What excatly is it that you want hidden?? the names in the squares or grid? if its the names, then why on earth would you want that?? so you actually have to mouseover all squares to find who to bite on BQ or who of the 5 deadguys you need CR, or wich healer to innervate??

anyways throw me a whisper ingame, and ill try to assist you with grid.
[url=http://www.best-signatures.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/V8B0z.png[/img][/url]

Iots

Post by Iots » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:05 pm

gettoo wrote:What excatly is it that you want hidden?? the names in the squares or grid? if its the names, then why on earth would you want that?? so you actually have to mouseover all squares to find who to bite on BQ or who of the 5 deadguys you need CR, or wich healer to innervate??
Don't know about you but for me for the longest time, it was enough to see the classcolor and after that it was pretty easy to memorize who was where in the grid.

It wasn't till quite recent that i wanted to be able to see more things at once, i changed the name to topcentertext, while having raiddebuffs in the middle not overwriting it and every healing buff circling the square on the sides.

Bird
Talks alot

Post by Bird » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vS0ZV3g ... re=related

I seem to remember this guy had some basic tips about setting up grid for a priest. No idea if you can find what you want there though.

edit
yea, the config panel has changed now since grid updated but it should be fairly easy to find the correct settings.

gettoo
Active

Post by gettoo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:16 pm

i agree with you Bird.. I like to see more things, not remove/fade stuff.. he can even enable centertext2 aswell, or DL extra sideindicators ect. to get to 8 indicators, but still its apersonal choice ofc, thats why i asked.
[url=http://www.best-signatures.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/V8B0z.png[/img][/url]

Nokqua
Active

Post by Nokqua » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:59 pm

gettoo wrote:The reason for the square/cornor to change color is its acting as a count down for when to reappli that specific heal.. if you are a druid like me, then when i rejuvanate someone in the raid, ill get a green dot in uppre left conor, (think of this as a traffic light = green full go) when that rejuvanation gets to 3 secs before it falls off, it changes to yellow ( yellow = get ready, you might have to wake up soon) when it hits 1 sec left on duration it turne red ( Red = reapplie heal/dot whatever).. Theres no reason to have both a count down number and a color change in same spot on grid, find out what you like and ill help you do it.
Well... Why I want both is that when letting my eyes hover over grid to see whose renew's about to run out, it's easy to spot the red square. However, if there are more than one person with a red square, I'd like to see whose renew's about to run out first - why I'd want it to show the cooldown in numbers as well.
gettoo wrote:You should use class specific colored squares, as the the border should be used for aggro pullers, as a healer its pretty awsome to actually know wich of the dps noobs, like thancor, psuedo ect. that actually pulls aggro off the tank, so you can save their sorry ass... this is a perfect grid ability, since youll see red squared pop up all over grid and then you pay attention.. i havnt done the class specific borders before, but seems quit colorfull to me.
I've got a red square in the left corner indicating aggro. I think that'd suffice.
Bird wrote: Stuff
That vid is a bit too basic, but thanks! :>
Buffy, have another drink!