How to disable nameplates for those damn snakes?

Show you UI, tell us about your addons and share your macros
Crommi
Active

How to disable nameplates for those damn snakes?

Post by Crommi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:09 am

So, been doing PvP now and one thing that gets really annoying is hunters dropping a snaketrap and filling my screen with their healthbars. I really like using the default nameplates because they're simple and clean, so I don't want to switch over to Aloft or Tidyplates because it would take the patience of thousand men to get rid off all that glitter and eyecandy and change them to look like default ones. I know Overhead was the addon for this but it hasn't been updated in 9 months and no longer works.

As the titles says, does anyone know addon or script to turn off nameplates for specific units like snakespam or totems?
[i]"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done!"[/i]

Shaorma
Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
Location: Caverns of Shattered Black Mana Labyrinth Cavern Temple of Khorne

Re: How to disable nameplates for those damn snakes?

Post by Shaorma » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 am

Interface > Names > Unit Nameplates: Untick Guardians and Totems under Enemy Units.
Shaorma regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

Aniex
Active

Post by Aniex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

Do not untick Totems if you want to kill that Tremor before Intimidating Shout. And you should know that prot-pvp is god damn effective atm (if you want to take use of your awesome pve-tanking gear)!
Problem? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Crommi
Active

Post by Crommi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Shaorma wrote:Interface > Names > Unit Nameplates: Untick Guardians and Totems under Enemy Units.
I'm pretty sure the snakes from traps are just identified as "beasts", not guardians. But I just realized that I can still use TC on battlestance and snakes have ~100hp, so it's all good
[i]"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take and keep moving forward, that's how winning is done!"[/i]

Shaorma
Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
Location: Caverns of Shattered Black Mana Labyrinth Cavern Temple of Khorne

Post by Shaorma » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:56 am

I assure you, they're guardians.
Shaorma regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

Crommi
Active

Post by Crommi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Shaorma wrote:I assure you, they're guardians.
Didn't see any snakespam yesterday, so I'll take your word for it.