Class Timers

Show you UI, tell us about your addons and share your macros
Tigarr
Talks alot

Class Timers

Post by Tigarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 am

Used to use them.
After a patch they totally freaked out and wouldn't work correctly, so i removed them.

Anyone using them now in a stable form OR do you have something else that you recommend?
Heaven won't have me and Hell is worried I'll take over

Waff
Talks alot

Re: Class Timers

Post by Waff » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:04 am

quartz
I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter

Tigarr
Talks alot

Post by Tigarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:23 am

Hmm...i use quartz. Obviously i'm being a noob abt it. I'll talk 2 you on how to configure.

Waff
Talks alot

Post by Waff » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:32 am

see that you have all-things-quartz
I have
Quartz
Quartz_Buff
Quartz_Flight
Quartz_Focus
Quartz_GCD
Quartz_Interrupt
Quartz_Latency
Quartz_Mirror
Quartz_Pet
Quartz_Player
Quartz_Procs
Quartz_Range
Quartz_Swing
Quartz_Target
Quartz_Timer
Quartz_Tradeskill
I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter

Iots

Post by Iots » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Tigarr wrote:Used to use them.
After a patch they totally freaked out and wouldn't work correctly, so i removed them.

Anyone using them now in a stable form OR do you have something else that you recommend?
huh, learn to update dumbass?

Itachi
Active

Post by Itachi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 pm

SON

DEFAULT UI + OMNICC IS HOW WE ROLL IN 2010. Only bad's use Addons that have your CD's in bars all over yer screen.. BAD'S I SAY!
[img]http://arena-armory.com/sig-2.php?id=28102&s=001[/img]
Anglian-80 Shaman, Onzay-80 DeathKnight, Thornstar-80 Druid, Stabbinz-80 Rogue, Doofus- 80 Priest, Laughin- 80 Hunter, Angrydrunk- 78 Paladin, Mcfrosty- 74 Mage, Mortalbonez- 68 Warrior.

Tigarr
Talks alot

Post by Tigarr » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:21 am

Iots wrote:
Tigarr wrote:Used to use them.

huh, learn to update dumbass?
I updated back then you damn hippy! It didn't work. I'm just trying to see if it's stable now.

Herrera
Active

Post by Herrera » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Class timers can track buffs/debuffs on other targets, which is sometimes useful for a "stuff-over-time" classes.
If you don't need that, Quartz is the second best.
[size=85]"You've been screwing the milkman!", he said. He was crazy, and he kept on screaming, "You've been screwing the milkman!" And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.[/size]

chantico
Active

Post by chantico » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 pm

If youre looking for tracking stuff on others, nature enemy cast bar (necb) might be something to look at. I dropped it though since i don;t got/make time to pvp and don't really need it anymore. Scorchio 2 works for all classes aswell now and omnicc is idd a very nice add which i use on top of others.

Omnicc + msbt (mikscrollingbattletext) is i think a cool light weight combination which takes in minimal space and provides pretty much cd tracking you need.

Edit: Itchy question, at one point i had omnicc working on the small buffs on my target (pitbull) and focus target, creating countdown's on things like HoP, Bubble, evasion, spell shields from for example the skeletons in FoS, my cyclone, etc. I can't find out what did this and i doesn;t work anymore, any idea?

Itachi
Active

Post by Itachi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:20 pm

It should be there by default :?
[img]http://arena-armory.com/sig-2.php?id=28102&s=001[/img]
Anglian-80 Shaman, Onzay-80 DeathKnight, Thornstar-80 Druid, Stabbinz-80 Rogue, Doofus- 80 Priest, Laughin- 80 Hunter, Angrydrunk- 78 Paladin, Mcfrosty- 74 Mage, Mortalbonez- 68 Warrior.

chantico
Active

Post by chantico » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm

thats weird cuz their not, could it be it doesn't work with pitbull? I might had other unitframes back then

Shaorma
Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
Location: Caverns of Shattered Black Mana Labyrinth Cavern Temple of Khorne

Post by Shaorma » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:38 pm

OmniCC hooks itself to the cooldown model that any unitframe addon should use. To put it simply, omniCC doesn't even differentiate between addons, they're all frames to it. So it isn't omniCC not working, it's pitbull doing something wrong or, most likely, some option to hide the cooldowns.
Shaorma regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

Thormael
Active

Post by Thormael » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

If you wanna think about rolling different lenght dots / debuffs on multiple targets you better have an addon that supports it.
I don't remember what I used when I was on my lock but it worked fairly well.

Been using quartz since I'm back now, even on the shadow priest but it only displays dots on my current target (didn't search much in the addon configuration though, might be a feature that you can enable).

So yeah I don't really have an answer but as Tigarr plays various (all?) classes, he might need a robust dot tracker. Default + Omni CC doesn't look good enough to me. :)
[b][color=#008040]Thormael.[/color][/b]
[size=85]Druid [color=#0040FF]80[/color], Warlock [color=#0040FF]78[/color], Hunter [color=#0040FF]75[/color], Shaman + Death Knight + Paladin [color=#0040FF]73[/color][/size]